1. Will and I ran Monday and Wednesday evenings, and I did some weights Monday and Tuesday evenings. Not sure exactly how far we went Monday, but last night our goal (or rather Will's goal for me) was to make it to the stoplight, which is almost exactly two miles from the point we start running. I had a different goal in mind that was about half a miler closer, but I tricked myself on accident and I ended having to go all the way to the stoplight. See, our running path is along a road with 4 stop signs from where we live to the stop light. I thought that my goal was the fifth stop sign, so I told myself I could not stop running until the fifth stop sign. Turns out the 5 stop sign is really the stop light. I actually felt pretty good breathing-wise, but my shins were killing me. I found myself repeating some mantras to help get me through, mainly "Pain is temporary, pride is forever," "sweat if fat crying," "no matter how slow you are going, you are still lapping people sitting on the couch," and last but not least, "I'm going to eff that stop light!"
We were going to walk all the way back but the sun was setting and the mosquitos were coming out so we were forced to run part of the way- probably another mile. I still felt pretty good, but my dang shins! I don't think it's shin splints because I've heard those described as shooting pains and it's not really that. It just hurts, almost more when I stop and walk than when I'm running. Will said we should probably look into getting me new shoes, which stinks because I just bought these.
2. Yesterday I was sitting in the living room working on homework when I heard what I assumed was a huge airplane fly by. I heard these fairly often growing up, so it's usually no big deal. But yesterday, OMG. It was so loud and it seemed like a huge plane because it lasted so long. And there were 3 of them. I was just waiting to hear a huge explosion and then see a ball of fire coming towards me. Cause I have an over-active imagination or something.
I texted Will and asked what the heck those things were and he replied that he had no idea what I was talking about. I explained what I heard, and told him NASA should really be on top of these kinds of things, especially when citizens are worried about dying. He just said "ok babe."
3. Also yesterday while doing homework, I was snacking on some Fritos (Best Chips EVER) and I thought they were a bit saltier than usual. Then I remembered that we took them to the beach with us and ate some right after getting out of the water. Soooo, I'm still not sure if the extra salt and crunch were sand and ocean salt or just the chips.
4. We're driving home tonight for my family reunion this weekend, as in we're leaving Houston after five and probably getting to Canyon a little after 4 in the morning. Yuck. My cousin and I were in charge of this year but do to us both being extremely busy we got a pretty late start on planning. We finally got the details worked out and invitations made, but I left my mom in charge of mailing them and I'm not sure they went out when she said they did; thus, I have no idea how many people are coming. It's really frustrating when you work so hard to plan an event and people don't have the courtesy to at least RSVP so we know how many to tell the caterer. Urg, this has been a frustrating weekend to plan.
Rant over. For now.
5. Anyway, I thought this would also be a good time to show where we are living this summer:
|We did have our awesome blue comforter on the bed and it was really cute with my Turkish rug, but we took it off so we could take it home this weekend.|
AND there are two closets. More Awesomeness.
So that's our little "suit" that has worked out really well this summer.
This is where I usually hang out all day:
6. A lot of times at night my mind will start racing with all the things I have to do the next day and then I can't go to sleep because I'm thinking about all this stuff. So I try to make a point to make a To Do list when I get in bed. The list I made last night was ridiculous. It was a list for the next three days, with today's being the longest. Well well, at 11:15 this morning I had almost completed it. Blogging was on the list so now I'm killing two birds with one stone. Not that I'd ever actually kill a bird. Here is my list for today:
Email Dad re: trip home
- Call caterer and confirm Saturday lunch
Call Mom re: lunch and center pieces Paint toenails
- Do nails
Clean bathroom Vacuum bedroom Laundry (2 loads)
- Girls' laundry
Online class Finish packing
- Call and arrange packet pic- ups
Email K about errands Unload and re-load dishwasher
- Make sure all forms for weekend are done and saved to PDF
- Figure out clasp for wrap bracelet
- Will- original contract
Text J about movie
- Give girls bath
7. And finally, I think the Hubs deserves some recognition for being so awesome. He's worked so hard all his life to be successful and we're so close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He's amazingly patient with me and uplifting when I feel upset about something. He has been so kind to me when he comes home from work an hour before I get off and helps me with the twins because it's usually their hardest time of the day. He put up with me being really cranky for an hour or two when he gets home because my days are long and mentally tiring, even though his days are just as long.