Monday, July 18, 2011

Memory Lane, Part 1: Will's 21st Birthday

I want to do several posts about fun/ important things we've done in the past year or so (including several about our wedding, how we did everything, etc.). I plugged in my old camera this morning and was so excited to see my pictures from last year's trip to Costa Rica, among other events. When my computer crashed last fall I thought I had lost all of those pictures.I don't want to do the wedding posts just yet because I think my MIL might have some photos on her computer that I don't have, and I don't have all our engagement photos/bridal portraits on my computer and the disks are in Canyon. Hopefully I will have time to grab them when we go home for the weekend.
This post is about Will's 21st Birthday :)
I made the invite and put it out on facebook for all our friends.

Will was in Houston last fall so I had plenty of time to get the party ready and planned without worrying about him seeing everything. I wanted it to be a space rocket/ NASA theme since that's where he's working. I got most of the decorations from a party store in Amarillo. I made a paper chain and banner to hang up in the living room. Sadly, I don't have a picture of the decorations and food I made (although you can kind of see it in the background of a few pictures).
Our kitchen was so tiny!
I made a rocket ship cake. Plain chocolate cake for the base and I used rice crispy treats to create the rocket. The making of the rocket was... interesting. Harder than I thought it was going to be and it took A LOT of effort that it did not look like a male body part...
Definitely not the prettiest cake, but it was fun to make and tasted good.
He had a fantastic time, so that's all that matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...