Monday, July 4, 2011

Family Camping

Will's parents have a fabulous camper and have been planning a family camping trip for about six months. Originally there were going to  be seven of us, but last week Will's sister and her boyfriend thought they were not going to be able to come because of work conflicts. They were able to get it worked out and go with us, and I am so glad they did! I'm usually more of a "float on the river" girl, but the lake was perfect this weekend.

We went to Lake Ray Roberts near Denton and had the perfect little semi-private beach to enjoy for the weekend.

  
Mimi, Kathey, Boomer, Me and Will
My contribution to the weekend was making s'mores.
Will thought he should be responsible and do some homework.

Our days pretty much consisted of eating, swimming, napping, swimming, more eating, game playing, and sleeping. It was the perfect weekend.
Green beans, mashed potatoes, and a s'more.
Boomer buried all the potato chips we gave him.
Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun! I can't even remember the last time I went camping, but this post makes me want to go! xoxo, ashley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...