· Remove medicine cabinet- I really dislike medicine cabinets. Although this will remove pretty much all of Will's bathroom storage, we'll find a way to make it work.
· Remove towel rack above tub- perhaps replace with a pretty glass shelf or two?
· Patch wall
· Paint- I'm thinking about a light grey color
· Remove paint from around tub/cabinets- when the previous owners painted the bathroom teal, they left little specks of paint all around the edge of the tub. Hopefully these will come off with the assistance of a razor blade.
· Hang one/two glass shelves
· Add some apothecary jars for bath salts
· Line drawers and cabinets
· Move towels to under Will's sink- they’re currently in our bath closet. I’m thinking of moving Freska’s litter box in there and I don’t like the idea of having clean towels on the shelve above that
· Buy long shower caddy- the shower head is up pretty high, so our little one is almost too high for me to use
· Spray paint hardware- this will be a big project we eventually tackle for the whole house
· Add film to window- right now it has blinds, but I like the idea of having the natural light coming in at all times but we definitely need the privacy. You can see into some of the neighbor’s windows when you’re standing in the shower (yeah, I made that mistake the first time I took a shower there. I finished up pretty quickly).
|Whew! That's quite a list. I but since I'll have only spent four weeks over about six months in my house, I have to make every second count. Plus, Will will be working all day so that gives me plenty of time to work on projects and still spend time with him in the evenings. And let's face it, although Will is AWESOME about doing all the little honey-dos I ask him to do, decorating and "froufing" a house and going to Ikea are not his favorite things to do and sometimes it's a little easier if I can do them myself without having to worry about him. I'm so excited to get working on some of these projects (I've been planning for months!), but most of all I'm just excited to be with my family again. We have some fun dates planned and I'm planning on milking all of our time together for all it's worth.|
Monday, June 11, 2012
Five days from now I will be in Houston with Hubs and our fur children! To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. To pass the time we've been apart I've come up with a pretty hefty to-do list for us to complete while I'm down there. I'll be able to spend a little over three weeks, so I want to get as much done as possible. Here's a mostly final list of what I want to accomplish: