Friday, August 5, 2011


Wednesday evening Will and I went to his cousin's son's birthday party at Chuck-E- Cheese's. Neither of us had been to one in at least 12 years, so it was fun to see how much they have and haven't changed. I had to steal some cheese pizza from the kid's table since all the adult pizza had meat on it :) It was so great to see how many family members came; I don't remember there ever being that many family members at our birthday parties. That's one thing about Will's family that I love- they all make a big effort to support each other and be there for the kids, even when the adults may not be getting along the best.

Afterwards we met Megan for dinner at BJ's since she hadn't eaten all day.

It has been so much fun hanging out with her all summer. I am going to miss her when I go back home on Sunday.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I took the twins to meet their mom for lunch so I had a few hours to kill around noon. Will met me at the restaurant and we went to get ice cream for lunch since neither of us were too hungry. After Will went back to work I went to a Goodwill in the area to see if I could find any treasures. Alas, there were none. Afterwards I wondered into Hobby Lobby since I haven't been in one for months (O, the horror!) I took a few pictures of awesome things:

Will wasn't too thrilled about the sun-burst mirror, but he liked the other things.

Annnd my MIL flew in Thursday morning so we went over to see her and the rest of the family in the evening. I showed her how to use Pinterest and I hope she gets as addicted as I am, that way I can share all my pins with someone :)

Today was my last day to watch the girls. It's quite bittersweet- I'm ready to get back into the routine of school and work, but I've really grown fond of them over the summer. They were pretty good all day- even let me make some 'smores treats for their mom's party tonight.

Will came home a little before noon, to my surprise. I was taking pictures of the girls (I thought it would be fun to see the comparison to the ones I took the week I got here and the ones the week I leave) so he helped me for a few minutes before explaining that he came home since it was my last day and when I left he wouldn't see me for about three weeks, PLUS he was now an official employee of NASA Johnson Space Center, so he wanted to celebrate.

Wait. What????!!

Yep. He got a call from the Co-Op office this morning with three different offers. He accepted the one he had been hoping for and starts June 4, 2012.

Hip hip, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...