Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home at Last

I'm home! Oh how I have missed this little town over the summer. Our summers are usually pretty hot, but this one has been a real scorcher. All the fields that are usually covered in wheat, cotton, and corn are empty. Some farmers just didn't plant and those who did couldn't keep the crops alive. I wonder how that will affect food and clothing prices in a few months....

This little beauty was waiting for me in the bedroom

My MIL and I drove home on Sunday. I stayed up until 3 a.m. the morning before with Will and his friend that was visiting for the weekend before going back to school in Florida. I thought I was going to die, but I was able to drive the first 8 hours of the trip without any issues. Unless you count this as an issue:

Almost as hot as hell. So I thought. Yesterday when I got in my car after work it said 113. I didn't know that could actually happen here. We had some rain clouds this evening and were under a thunderstorm watch for a few hours, but I don't think we got a single drop.

After arriving on Sunday around 8:30 p.m. we unloaded the car and I unpacked just enough so that I could shower and get dressed in the morning without stressing too badly. Yesterday I got up and did my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, went to work, then came home and watched some E! on tv. I finally got motivated to run into town (that means drive to Amarillo, for those of you not familiar with our West-Texan-Lingo) for a few things for my friend's bachelorette party this Friday. I am SO excited about this weekend: my best friend since like, 2nd grade is gettin married!

I did manage to get home in time to go on a run. I took Boomer with me, which turned out not to be the best idea. He wanted to sprint for the first mile but as soon as we hit the second part of the loop that was uphill I had to practically drag him behind me. You know he had to have been going pretty slow if I felt like I could go faster without him.

Today finally made it to the gym after visiting with another friend for an hour. I packed my bag before work, talked myself up and into actually going to the gym and finally got there only to discover I had forgotten to pack my shoes. Eff. So I went home for a while, visited my friend, and went back to the gym with all needed accessories. I did about 45 min on the elliptical while watching Cupcake Wars (why have I never seen this show before?!) and did some lower body weights for another 20 minutes or so.

After the gym I went to my mom's house to see how everyone is doing. Turns out they're just peachy.

I've made it my goal to be in bed by 10 pm every night. I've been IN bed, but I got suckered into reading July's issue of Cosmo last night and tonight I had to get on my laptop to send a complaint email to Otterbox for their crap-tastic case that disintegrated on me:

Um, yeah. You can't really tell from this picture, but the whole bottom of the hard case is in pieces inside the soft case.

Annnd I miss the babies. I look at their pictures throughout the day just for a smile. Their parents don't know, but I took some pictures of them my last day. Here's a preview, I'm going to send them a jump drive with all the final ones when I'm done editing.

I think it's time to actually go to sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...