Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Hump Day

It's Wednesday, which means tomorrow is my Friday!

Let's catch up from the weekend: Sunday morning I woke up surprising early and was browsing my Pinterest to find something yummy for breakfast. Brandy called and said she was at the grocery store, so I invited her to join me for some cinnamon roll pancakes.

                                               I got the recipe from here, originally from here.

My cinnamon filling was a lot more runny than it should have been, so it wasn't really pretty to look at, but it sure tasted awesome!

With the "icing"
They were delicious. A good alternative to regular pancakes or when you want cinnamon rolls but don't have the time.

Next up, my toe nails! I lurve the way they came out from my pedi last week, so obviously they must be shown. Sky blue with white zebra and sparkles. 

Don't make fun of my fat toes. That's one bad thing I inherited from my mom :)

Yesterday I forgot my phone at home. It was so hard to not be able to text Will throughout the day. He's in Virginia right now at a conference and will go back to Houston for next week before finally joining me at home for the semester.

I did finally make it to the gym after work with all the needed essentials: running shorts, t-shirts, sports bra, socks, tennis shoes, and headphones. I did leave my water bottle in the car, but that doesn't count ;) I did 50 minutes on the elliptical on a new program that was super hard (I had to adjust the levels several times), and then did about 30 minutes of upper-body strength. I know I'm probably in the minority of women, but I soooo prefer strength over cardio... I feel like I could lift at least twice as long as doing any kind of cardio.  Maybe I'll take a day a week where I just lift instead of trying to fit it all in.

While I was on the elliptical and watching TV I saw someone on another TV station making pizza casserole. It looked awesome, so after I was done at the gym I went to Walmart and got the ingredients: whole wheat pasta, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese for the top, and marinara sauce. I made it when I got home and after I took a shower, and you guys, it was delish. I had it for lunch and dinner today as leftovers, it was so good. I didn't use a recipe, I just estimated: 3 cups uncooked pasta, a little more than half the bottle of marinara, and about half the small container of ricotta cheese, sprinkled with mozzarella. After cooking the pasta, mix it all up and put in a 9x13 pan, bake at 350 degrees from 20 minutes, add salad, and done!
Funny thing though, I saw on Pinterest today that my SIL Megan pinned a pizza casserole! I commented that I made it last night, and from there we had a conversation about how we hate buying stuff for new recipes that will just get wasted if the recipe doesn't turn out. Here's picture of the one she pinned:



This recipe calls for about twice the amount of stuff I used, plus fancy things like oregano and onions. And meat. But I didn't need any of those things to make it just as tasty.


Annnd I came home today to find this:

Fish food. On the floor.

She was not like this when I came. So not necessarily the guilty one.
The cats must have heard me talking about how some people give their cats the shrimp fish food for treats since it's much cheaper than cat treats.

One more thing.
I grew up only eating ranch dressing on salads (not that we ever ate a lot of salads). But when I got older and started eating healthier, I quit eating it because I learned it was bad for you. So I ate salads with no dressing. (Still, not like I ate a whole lot or anything). In high school, a  friend introduced me to Italian dressing. I'm a pretty cautious/ non- adventurous eater, so it took a bit of convincing me to try it. But I liked it, so Italian dressing has been my go-to since then. Whenever I order salad at a restaurant, I get a Caesar salad with Italian dressing on the side. Yes, I got a ton of crazy looks. Then one day, I forgot to specify the "with Italian dressing on the side" part, so I got a normal Caesar salad. Holy. YUM.
So then I started getting regular Caesar salads, but I hardly ever order salad when we go out to eat, and I still did Italian dressing at home. But yesterday while I was at Walmart, this jumped in my cart:


And I want to eat a huge salad just so I can have it. Like, every couple of hours. WHY does it have to be so good?! My game plan is to actually measure out 1 or 1.5 T of it for each salad I make. The actual serving is 2 T, but I find that is general way too much for me. That way I don't have to worry about the butt-ton of calories in it. Plus, during the school year when I typically take salads for lunch this will help up the calories so it will keep me fuller longer, since I'm not putting chicken in them anymore. See, win-win.

***Side note: You guys. I just had to stop and think about how you spell "during". 'Cause in my head when I say it, I pronounce it "dueering". Oh em gee. I promise I'm not that big of a hick. ******

So that's the ridiculously long saga of how my new love is Caesar salad dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...