Thursday, December 19, 2013

13 Weeks

Week 13 was the first week I didn't get a "good" picture of the bump. Will was out of town all week for a work trip and I was gone over the weekend with a debate tournament. By the time I got back, it was already 14 weeks. Enjoy these beauties, taken in the hotel mirror.


Let's not dwell on my hair. It was after midnight by the time we got back to the hotel.

This week I had an appointment with my midwife Anna. Everything is looking great and, after a few tries, I even got to hear the baby's heartbeat. While we were listening, the midwife said she could tell the baby was moving quite a bit. This doesn't surprise me at all because during the ultrasound the baby looking like it was having fun swimming around like a little fish.

I talked to Anna about the acne I've been struggling with quite a bit lately. I've dealt with acne since about the fourth grade and finally got it under control after two rounds of Accutane and birth control, so it was frustrating to see it cropping back up so fiercely. She recommended I try dried wheatgrass juice, red raspberry leaf tea, and nettles. I promptly went home and ordered all three (thank God for Amazon Prime!) I've been taking all three religiously since they came in, and they definitely seem to be helping.

We also made an appointment for our twenty-week ultra sound to find out the gender of Baby Walker, which might be the most exciting part of the pregnancy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...