Sunday, December 22, 2013

15 Weeks

This week was full of anticipation about Christmas Break! We had a regular school day on Monday, but the rest of the week was semester tests for the kiddos, so they had half-days. That meant we teachers got to work in our rooms and get those tests graded during the afternoon. I tried with all my might to get everything finished before I headed out on Friday, but unfortunately it just didn't happen. Looks like I'll be taking a day of break to finish everything up!

I managed to make it to Crossfit three times this week, which is an improvement on the 0-2 times a week I'd been clocking for the past month or two. I have been so tired that the thought of working out made me want to cry. While I know it's super important for both me and the baby, I'm trying to distinguish between a real tired and a "let's be lazy today" tired. However, since I haven't been going as often, my DOMS is getting way worse than it was for many months, so on one hand it's not even worth skipping so much since I care barely move the next two days. I would like to start walking the dogs again in the evening, but it's dark by 5:30 which hardly leaves any time between when I get home.

See what I meant last week about the clothes I wear dictating how pregnant I look? This is a maternity top but regular pants with the Bella Band. 
Stats for Week 15:
Feeling: so tired. Where is all that second-trimester energy everyone keeps talking about?
Craving: random things at different times; my favorite is the strawberry-ginseng smoothie from Panera, but those things are like $5!
Baby is the size of a: navel orange
Weight Gained: still at one pound up from my original -4 lbs.

On Monday we had a "My Favorite Things Dirty Santa Gift Exchange" with our small group, which ended up being slightly anti-climatic. It's funny how much you think everyone will love your favorite thing, but in reality you're about the only one who thinks it cool haha. Except Will's gift, which was a Santoku knife; everyone wanted that.

Friday night we had our gift exchange with Will's family since my sister and brother-in-law left Saturday for two weeks to spend Christmas with his family. We went to eat at BJs all dudded up in tacky Christmas sweaters. I wish I had gotten a better picture of our sweaters.

They were intentionally going for "awkward family photo," trust me

Look at the fringe on that cardigan!

All together
This week ended with our last renter for the fall leaving and a trip to the ritzy part of Houston to visit Pottery Barn Kids to order our rocker for the nursery. Originally I really liked the look of this rocker, but after visiting the store a few months ago to try them out, we really liked this one a lot more due to how comfortable it is and how it fit me a little better. Yesterday when we ordered we decided to go with the "small" version; the main different is that the arms are about 4 inches closer together than the regular model, but since I'm a little on the petite side I think it will actually be kind of nice. It's definitely the nicest piece of furniture in our entire house, but sine we plan to have three or four kids, I think it's worth the investment. Plus, I already have plans for the other furniture in the room, and all of that will be much more budget-friendly, so I'm not stressing too much.

Annnd then on the way home from Pottery Barn all the little aches and pains I had been feeling since the morning hit me like a truck, and I spent the entire rest of the day in a hot bath and in bed fighting a small fever, cough, and body aches like none other. Sounds like the flu, hey? Add that to my DOMS and I have hardly been able to move for the past 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...